Should be doing things for NSD and the month long over at HOP but I learned to do this instead.
and I was spending the summer in Enterprise, Alabama with my Aunt Shari, Uncle Ron and my cousin James. My Aunt Shari was expecting her daughter Brittany and while I was there I discovered that this is truly an anthem in Alabama. You could hear it several times a day on the radio. So here is Sweet Home Alabama
I was already a fan of Lynyrd Skynyrd due to them being one of my brothers favorite groups. So everytime I hear this song it reminds me of the Summer of 1988 and the 2 months I spent in Alabama, truly a culture shock for a girl from Queens.
Yep that is what I am planning. Will I actually do it who knows. I have challenged myself to complete 2 layouts and work on my MILs mothers day present. though knowing me I will probably procrastinate and make more Fabric Yo Yo projects. These things are just so addicting. I have made another hair piece and have an idea for another hair piece but need to go to the store for it.
So is there any weekend creativity going on in your neck of the woods?
It is just a gorgeous spring day. Sunny and Warm love days like this so glad the rest of the week is going to rock like this LOVE IT.
Well today was official weigh in day and I am down another pound making it a grand total of 11pounds I still need to get the tape measure so I can start measuring the inches gone but I know lots of them have left. I received my new size 14s and let me say that I can button them with little trouble so I am moving in the right direction.
Recently heard this song by George Strait and it just hit me in the heart it is called I Saw God Today
These little quilts are so addicting and I have to say this Heather Bailey fabric is so yummy. I am stalking for her next release.
Okay the other project I am working on is are these wristlets totally taken from Donna's new book in the Yes Its a Scrapbook series. This is the one about fabric. I am debating making and sending something like this to the first 20 people who signed up for NSD instead of goodie bags.
Okay that is what has been up with me and what I have doing. So I am loving photo transfers, fabric and my sewing machine lately. Have a great Tuesday. Today I will be making yo-yos
Hope, Mandy, Karen and Cami. Figured I have enought to share with you all. So you will need to start watching those mail boxes for happy mail. I will put these together today.
I finally finished one of my projects from Inspired. I now need to take a picture of it to show you all. I even ordered additional kits from the fabulous Christina. I am now addicted to my sewing machine again. so happy to have the creative juices flowing.
I have been an ebay addict this weekend bought some really old copy of Great Expectations to use on a collage. I also want to go to my Moms to see what she has. Have so many ideas but seems like no time. I need some time off so I can play too. though I think I will be bringing the spray paint with me today so I can make a project when I come home from work.
I will try to get some pictures up here soon.
Where the Streets Have No Name by U2
Gosh I love U2. I saw them live twice once at Giants Stadium during the Zooropa Tour with my girlfriend Tara. Just the 2 of us we were 17 or 18 probably 17 since I still had my Red LeBaron Convertible. Such a total blast we had. Actually I take it back we had a friggin awesome time. We also saw them together at MSG. This song rocks my world.
Okay - tell me your favorite U2 song and I will enter you to win some ribbon and lace. I will pick a winner on Sunday.
SO you all know or you should know if you read this blog that I have been on a quest for a new happier healthier me. Well I have really been celebrating each and every milestone and pound lost and gone forever.
As of today I have 10 pounds gone forever with more being lost every day. I have lost who knows how many inches because I just ordered a new smaller size pants. This will be moving me into a second smaller size then where I started to a size 14. I am smaller than the day I got married how awesome is that. I was really inspired talking to Donna at Inspired. Let me just tell you she is smaller than her videos even show. Anyway Thanks Donna for all the advice and support.
Also wanted to share these things that landed in my in-box this AM
25 Things to Remember on Your Road to Weight Loss Success1. The only thing between you and your goal is Y-O-U!
2. Practice makes perfect; soon enough healthy habits will be second nature.
3. Food is simply food; not friend, not foe…just food.
4. Cheaters never win, and winners never cheat.
5. This isn’t a race; slow down and enjoy the ride.
6. Exercise is not your enemy. Fear of it is.
7. Excuses leave room for error—and you don’t have time for either.
8. Do you need it? Or do you want it? There’s a big difference.
9. Usually, saying “I can’t” really means “I won’t.”
10. Positivity promotes productivity; believe in yourself and your body will follow.
11. You are your harshest critic—be a fan once in a while.
12. There’s strength in numbers and no valor in being a lone loser. Ask for help.
13. Compliments are meant to be enjoyed, not endured.
14. Toot your own horn once in a while, too; you deserve it.
15. Reaching goal is a dream come true, but it takes doing—not dreaming—to get there.
16. ‘Til death do you part—there’s no quick fix for your weight…you have to live it for life.
17. Don’t let others’ opinions “weigh” you down; nothing good ever came of self-hatred.
18. You didn’t put this weight on overnight; don’t expect it to come off overnight.
19. Don’t dwell; if you fall off the wagon, get right back on and look forward.
20. Walk before you run; set attainable mini-goals along the road to the big one.
21. Always be honest with yourself.
22. Tune out temptation; listen to the angel on your shoulder, not the devil.
23. Rain checks are good; it’s smart (not weak) to avoid situations that test your resolve.
24. Being selfish is okay; do this for YOU.And finally…
25. Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels. (You’ve heard it before, but it always warrants repeating!)So I will catch you all on the flip side and I will post a picture of one of my favorite inspired projects tomorrow or maybe even later tonite depends on how quick I get things done before leaving for the Hockey game.
I have returned from Donna's Inspired Event and am still processing my thoughts on this. Not sure how I want to post on the blog about it so you get this little post as a tease. I will say the event was amazing and totally not about scrapping. It was about art with very little we preserve our memories yada yada yada.
The one thing I loved was that it was totally not product driven one of the first things Donna did say was if you could afford to come to the event you had enough product to play with. Every single teacher was amazing and totally came away loving everthing which is a first for me.
The event was small cozy and warm. Donna and Bill are wonderful individuals and the teachers each and everyone were amazing and personable. I will post more of a recap in the days to come once I get the thought processes into a coherent fashion.
Catch you all on the flip side.